Sunday 10 March 2013

Phase 2 Starts...

Sunday 10th March

I'm back in Dhaka, and it feels hot -great for poo drying, I can't wait to get started!

A lot has happened since my last visit, and I'm trying to get up to speed before we go to site tomorrow.  This is what I think has happened on site:


Although I'll confirm tomorrow!

The team here at WA Bangladesh have also done some training with the local sweepers in Faridpur around health & safety matters, and raising awareness of the laws regarding their work - where they can/ can't dump waste etc.  It sounds like it was a very popular session, with 20-25 attendees at the 2-day course (for most of them, their first ever training session in classroom setting!) held at the BRAC Training Centre.  It was a good opportunity for them to get together and discuss issues in their work.

Next I'm off to see Dr Zahid at the icddr,b to check arrangements for the sludge testing for this next phase of work...


No comments:

Post a Comment