Tuesday 12 March 2013

Its Poo-time!

 Tuesday 12th March
I wasn't allowed out last night due to ongoing troubles around the death sentence recently given to Delwar Hossain Sayeedi (convicted on charges including murder, rape and torture during the war of independence in 1971).  There are basically hartals in force every few days which mean you're not allowed out on the streets (technically) and its particularly risky at night.  So I gave my camera to the trusty Suman (WaterAid) who along with Mamun (Practical Action) played photographer for me and told me all about it in the morning.

The sweepers being issued with their PPE - aprons, gloves, masks and boots

Collection Team

Doing their job.


The filter beds are just the right height for the truck, it's almost like it was designed that way...
You know how I said the filter beds looked nice and clean...
Not for long!

We managed to keep one half of the roof on, and not splash it!

Teamwork



New sign too!
 
Putting the sludge to sleep for the night in its new bed.

More updates soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment