Thursday 22 November 2012

To test, or not to test.

Wednesday and Thursday, 21 - 22 November

Yesterday and today, I've been back in the WaterAid office in Dhaka, tapping away in my own private meeting room...

My desk at WaterAid

We've been sorting out the details of the pathogen testing, what equipment we will need, and what we will test for.

This morning, I went over to the catchily titled 'icddr,b' or  International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh.  There I met with Dr Zahid Hayat Mahmud, a scientist in the Environmental Microbiology Laboratory.

Phone camera mugshot of Dr Zahid in his lab
We had a good discussion about the tests that they can do there, and which ones would be appropriate for this research.  I went away with a piece of paper detailing all the possibilities and their associated costs. 

Decision time.




No comments:

Post a Comment